Photo by Flickr user Justin.Beck
All that talk about a Muni driver’s proposed fried chicken run made me fantasize about hopping on the 38 straight to Popeye’s. Meanwhile, more important stuff was going on this week:
– Muni missing 80 percent more runs as de facto service cuts set in (Streetsblog SF). Judging from the last four weeks of MTA data, Muni is missing a big chunk of runs mostly due to a freeze in overtime, Streetsblog’s Michael Rhodes reports.
– Muni operators and their union reject concession proposal. Mayor angry! This is putting fare hikes and service cuts back in play in a big way. Operators told Streetsblog SF that the union did not do enough to inform members about the proposal. (SF Examiner, Streetsblog SF)
– J-Church Thursday morning collision with an F train was caused by “human error,” SFMTA says. (SFAppeal)
– Muni management study could be delayed by audit of farmers market (SF Appeal). “Everyone knows farmers’ markets are prime places for bureaucratic waste and government graft, and ergo must be investigated thoroughly …”
– Found in our submissions box: March against Muni?
– Let’s end with a little levity: Sirron Norris does Muni, with wings! (MissionMission)
Clicking around on Flickr, I found some cool photos of cable lines from many of you who are not yet in our Muni flickr group. So join up, add your Muni photos to the group pool, and enjoy these photos! Until next week…
Photo by Flickr user s__i
Photo by Flickr user Vanessa Elise
Photo by Flickr user danisabella
Photo by Flickr user karenchu121