N and J Line Rail and Street Improvements
From 8 p.m., Friday through 5 a.m., Monday, the SFMTA will continue the Church and Duboce project which will include track replacement inside the Muni Metro Tunnel at Duboce Portal. Should weather permit, crews will apply red paint on the center lane of Church Street from 16th Street to Duboce Avenue to make it a transit-only lane. This painting project is part of the Church Street pilot program which aims to reduce delays and improve service reliability for the J Church rail line and 22 Fillmore bus route.
Project details are subject to change due to weather or other operational issues.
Treasure Island Street Closure
On Saturday the following street closure will be required between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. for an event at the San Francisco Gaelic Fields on Treasure Island:
The 108 Treasure Island Muni route will be affected.
Men’s Health Urbanathlon
On Sunday the Urbanathlon 10K race will begin at 7 a.m. from Jefferson Street west of Mason Street and finish at the Marina Green.
Street closures will be required throughout the race area, only major closures are listed below. Local business and residential access will be allowed with possible delays.
For more event details, please visit www.menshealthurbanathlon.com.
The following Muni line and routes will be affected:
· F Market
· 8X Bayshore Express
· 28 19th Avenue
· 47 Van Ness
· 49 Van Ness/Mission
49ers Football Game
The San Francisco 49ers will host their eighth home game on Monday, against the Chicago Bears starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Candlestick Park.
Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation. For more information, please visit www.sfmta.com/football.
Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles.
The Muni Express route is Special Event Fare Service
· Adult fare: $12 roundtrip
· Youth/Senior/Disabled fare: $10 roundtrip
· Muni monthly pass, Passport or CityPass Special Event Add-on fare: $8 roundtrip (adult and discount pass holders)
The Candlestick Shuttles are regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
In order for Clipper customers with a monthly pass to obtain the add-on fare discount, at least $8 in cash value must be loaded to their Clipper cards prior to boarding the special event Muni service.
Customers can load their cards online at www.clippercard.com (please allow at least five days for processing), or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station. Please go to www.sfmta.com for fare details.
For service to and from the game, T Third customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell Muni fares from 2:30 p.m. at the following locations:
· Balboa Park BART Station
· Sutter Street/Sansome Street
· 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – from California and Van Ness
· 78X Candlestick Express – from California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – to Van Ness and North Point
· 78X Candlestick Express – to California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
79X Candlestick Express Re-route
The southbound 79X Candlestick Express, which provides express service to the 49ers game from downtown, will be re-routed all season due to Central Subway construction on Stockton and 4th streets. Customers traveling to the game can board the 79X Candlestick Express at the following locations:
· Sutter and Sansome
· Sutter and Kearny
· Mason and Geary
· Cyril Magnin and Market
· 5th Street and Mission
· 5th Street and Howard
· 5th Street and Folsom
The southbound buses will then travel express to Candlestick Park from 5th and Folsom. Northbound buses will remain on their regular route.