2010 Year-End Photos: What a ride it’s been!
A wave of great photos showing riders on Muni arrived in our Flickr group over the last week. We often highlight photos that showcase Muni vehicles, but in the end, we’re really all about the people who rely on the transit system day in and day out.
Here’s a recap of the week’s Muni news:
- Muni Station Escalators Break Down About as Often as You Might Think (SF Appeal)
- ‘Muni’ tops list of names for Newsom baby No. 2 (The Mommy Files/SFGate)
- Happy 98th Birthday, Muni! And for your present… (Market Street Railway)
- SF Offers $2 Million Settlement to Cable Car Crash Victim (KTVU)
- Cable Car Revenues Just a Bit Higher Than Payouts for Their Accidents (SF Appeal)
- SFMTA Weekend Traffic and Transit Advisory (SFMTA)
- Contract showdown on tap for Muni operators (SF Examiner)
And with that, we wish you a safe, happy, prosperous, and meltdown-free 2011! Enjoy these embiggened versions of the photos above and your weekend … and don’t forget: Muni is free tonight from 8 p.m. through 6 a.m. tomorrow morning.
Photo by mikedthorn
Photo by Brian_Brooks
Photo by Jaymi Heimbuch
Photo by KayVee.INC
Photo by davitydave
Photo by Brandon Doran
Photo by Steve Rhodes
Photo by angryf