Weekend Photos: On the Floor of Muni
Photo by CarbonNYC
Still with us? Okay. Earlier this week on Muni Time Capsule, Eric Fischer’s photo of an old streetcar dressed in cable car clothes, and on a street that was never part of a streetcar route, had some of us scratching our heads and admiring at the same time. Perplexing stuff.
Did you know that Muni Diaries has a Facebook page? If not, check it out and never be without your daily dose of Muni this and Muni that. We’re also on Twitter. Speaking of, this week saw the debut of a new MD feature: Meanwhile, on @munidiaries, where we’ll be compiling the best tweets and twitpics of the week every Thursday.
SF Appeal has details on this weekend’s Muni traffic advisory.
Here’s the week’s Muni news:
- Muni drivers sleeping, speeding, snacking while operating trains, state agency says (SF Examiner)
- We’re transportation innovators (SFGate)
- Muni objects to state criticism of rail lines (SFGate)
- Tab for Muni collision in West Portal Tunnel nears $6 million (SFGate’s City Insider)
- Washington airport group makes no decision on hiring Nathaniel Ford (SF Examiner)
- SFMTA Fires At Least Seven Employees for Ticket Fixing, Investigation Ongoing (SF Appeal)
- SFMTA Board Votes to Give 12,000 Free Muni Passes to Low-Income Students (BCN via SF Appeal)
- SFMTA: Local Hire Will Kill Central Subway Project (SF Appeal)
- Muni N-Judah train strikes car that ran stop sign (SF Examiner || SF Appeal)
- CPUC leaders absent from Muni’s hearing on regulation infractions (SF Examiner)
- Muni operators accuse agency of ignoring safety protocols (SF Examiner)
- Cameron Beach and Jerry Lee’s Future as SFMTA Board Members Uncertain (Streetsblog SF)
What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it is, enjoy!
Photo by Keisuke Omi
Photo by WarzauWynn
Photo by eviloars, via the new-look Mission Mission
Photo by Brandi666