Weekend Photos: The Faces of Muni Riders
Photo by Matthew Davis
Another thing we can hardly contain ourselves about is the San Francisco Giants first home game, under way right now at AT&T Park. SFMTA encourages you to take public transit to and from all games this season. We agree. Or, at least walk or take a cab. Driving there is just silly.
The Muni Diaries Facebook page is another way for you to stay close to the action. “Like” us on Facebook today, and you won’t regret it.
So, yes, Muni didn’t seem to want to stay out of the news this week:
- Muni crash settlement would bring total cost of West Portal crash to nearly $7 million (SF Examiner)
- Is the SFMTA too big and unwieldy to function properly? (SF Examiner)
- Muni hires PR firm to handle media during contract negotiations with workers (SF Examiner)
- Fare evasions still high in SF as Muni loses $19M in 2010 (SF Examiner)
- Supe Wiener: Wild Muni Ride “one of those ‘Twilight Zone’ situations” (BCN via SF Appeal)
- Muni’s new $100K public-relations firm fires first salvo in labor negotiations (SF Examiner)
- Man Shot By Teens Getting Off Muni Bus In Bayview Thursday Morning (BCN via SF Appeal)
- Man Shot By Teens As He Got Off Muni Expected To Survive (BCN via SF Appeal)
- How Smartphones Can Improve Public Transit (Wired.com)
- Texting Muni Driver on Paid Suspension (SF Appeal)
Enjoy the weekend and these beautiful photos!
Photo by Troy Holden
Photo by Ben Soto
Photo by Bhautik Joshi