Your Weekend/Holidays Transit Advisory: Muni holiday schedule, free rides, 49ers game
Holiday Muni Schedule
Due to less of a demand around the holidays, Muni will generally operate on expanded Saturday schedules on Monday, Dec. 24 and on weekdays between Wednesday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Dec. 31. Details are listed below:
· Saturday schedule: 1 California, 3 Jackson, 5 Fulton, 6 Parnassus, 8X Bayshore Express, 9 San Bruno (last downtown stop at 2nd and Market streets), 14 Mission, 14L Mission Limited, 18 46th Avenue , 21 Hayes, 22 Fillmore, 23 Monterey, 24 Divisadero, 27 Bryant, 29 Sunset, 30 Stockton, 31 Balboa, 33 Stanyan, 38 Geary, 38L Geary Limited, 39 Coit, 44 O’Shaughnessy, 45 Union-Stockton, 49 Mission-Van Ness, 54 Felton and 71 Haight-Noriega
· No service (8X Bayshore to cover both routes): 8AX Bayshore A Express and 8BX Bayshore B Express
· Saturday schedule with extension of service: 48 Quintara-24th Street (will operate to Ocean Beach)
· Operating from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.: 9L San Bruno Limited
· Service will begin at normal weekday start time: 17 Parkmerced, 35 Eureka, 36 Teresita, 37 Corbett, 52 Excelsior, 56 Rutland, 66 Quintara, and 67 Bernal Heights
· Operates at a frequency of every 20 minutes during the morning peak hours: 108 Treasure Island
· Normal weekday schedule: All Muni Metro service, all Cable Car lines, F Market and Wharves, 1AX California A Express, 1BX California B Express, 2 Clement, 10 Townsend, 12 Folsom-Pacific, 14X Mission Express, 16X Noriega Express, 19 Polk, 28 19th Avenue, 30X Marina Express, 31AX Balboa A Express, 31BX Balboa B Express, 38AX Geary A Express, 38BX Geary B Express, 41 Union, 43 Masonic, 47 Van Ness, 80X Gateway Express, 81X Caltrain Express, 82X Levi Plaza Express, 83X Caltrain, 88 BART Shuttle
· Operate on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Weekends: 76X Marin Headlands
On Tuesdays, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day) and Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day), Muni will operate on Sunday schedules.
Muni Centennial Celebration and Muni Free Ride
The SFMTA will be offering complimentary rides on its entire fleet of vehicles to celebrate Muni’s 100th Anniversary beginning 5 a.m., Friday, Dec. 28 until 5 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 29. Please see separate release for details.
New Year’s Eve Celebration and Complimentary Muni Service
Complimentary Muni service will be provided from 8 p.m., Monday, Dec. 31 until 6 a.m., Monday, Jan. 1, and at midnight the city will host its annual fireworks show. Please see separate release for details.
Mayan Calendar Ceremony
The 48 Quintara-24th Street Muni route will be affected starting at 5:15 p.m.
3rd Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl
Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance at the following locations during the time specified:
Embarcadero Metro Station 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
AT&T Park 1 p.m. to 30 minutes after conclusion of game
For more information, please visit AT&T Park Service.
49ers Football Game
The San Francisco 49ers will host their tenth home game on Sunday, Dec. 30, against the Arizona Cardinals starting at 1:25 p.m. at the Candlestick Park.
Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles.
The Muni Express route is Special Event Fare Service
· Adult fare: $12 roundtrip
· Youth/Senior/Disabled fare: $10 roundtrip
· Muni monthly pass, Passport or CityPass Special Event Add-on fare: $8 roundtrip (adult and discount pass holders)
The Candlestick Shuttles are regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
In order for Clipper customers with a monthly pass to obtain the add-on fare discount, at least $8 in cash value must be loaded to their Clipper cards prior to boarding the special event Muni service.
Customers can load their cards online at www.clippercard.com (please allow at least five days for processing), or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station. Please go to www.sfmta.com for fare details.
For service to and from the game, T Third customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell Muni fares from 10:25 a.m. at the following locations:
· Balboa Park BART Station
· Sutter Street/Sansome Street
· 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – from California and Van Ness
· 78X Candlestick Express – from California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – to Van Ness and North Point
· 78X Candlestick Express – to California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
79X Candlestick Express Re-route
The southbound 79X Candlestick Express, which provides express service to the 49ers game from downtown, will be re-routed all season due to Central Subway construction on Stockton and 4th streets. Customers traveling to the game can board the 79X Candlestick Express at the following locations:
· Sutter and Sansome
· Sutter and Kearny
· Mason and Geary
· Cyril Magnin and Market
· 5th Street and Mission
· 5th Street and Howard
· 5th Street and Folsom