Your Weekend Transit Advisory: 49ers playoff game, tree festival
The San Francisco 49ers got jealous that the Giants stole the spotlight in 2010, and are all, “Hey, we’re good, too, ya know?” Yeah, we know. They made the playoffs in 2012, you guys!
49ers Football Playoff Game
On Saturday the San Francisco 49ers will host a divisional playoff game against the Green Bay Packers. The kickoff will take place at 5:15 p.m. For more details, please visit www.49ers.com. Gates to the parking lot will open at 1 p.m. and gates to the stadium will open at 3 p.m.
Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles. For more information, please visit www.sfmta.com/football.
The Muni Express routes are Special Event Fare Services
· Adult fare: $12 roundtrip
· Youth/Senior/Disabled fare: $10 roundtrip
· Muni monthly pass, Passport or CityPass Special Event Add-on fare: $8 roundtrip (adult and discount pass holders)
The T Third Muni Metro line and the Candlestick Shuttles are regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
In order for Clipper customers with a monthly pass to obtain the add-on fare discount, at least $8 in cash value must be loaded to their Clipper cards prior to boarding the special event Muni service.
Customers can load their cards online at www.clippercard.com (please allow at least five days for processing), or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station. Please go to www.sfmta.com for fare details.
The SFMTA will provide free transfer to T Third customers to and from the game. Customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell Muni fares from 2 p.m. at the following locations:
· Balboa Park BART Station
· Sutter Street/Sansome Street
· 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – from California and Van Ness
· 78X Candlestick Express – from California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – to Van Ness and North Point
· 78X Candlestick Express – to California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
79X Candlestick Express Re-route
The southbound 79X Candlestick Express, which provides express service to the 49ers game from downtown, will be re-routed all season due to Central Subway construction on Stockton and 4th streets. Customers traveling to the game can board the 79X Candlestick Express at the following locations:
· Sutter and Sansome
· Sutter and Kearny
· Mason and Geary
· Cyril Magnin and Market
· 5th Street and Mission
· 5th Street and Howard
· 5th Street and Folsom
The southbound buses will then travel express to Candlestick Park from 5th and Folsom. Northbound buses will remain on their regular route.
Street Closure for Friends of the Urban of Forest Event
On Sunday Friends of the Urban Forest will be planting trees and hosting a block party on Bryant Street. Bryant Street between 26th and Cesar Chavez streets will be closed between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
The 27 Bryant Muni route will be affected.