Transit News: Late-night tube delays, F-Market extension, BART fare hikes, pricey AC Transit upgrade
Photo by roland
- BART Warns Of Late Night Transbay Tube Delays For Next 14 Months (BCN via SF Appeal)
- San Francisco F Line extension recommended (Railway Age)
- Man Accused Of Giants Celebration Muni Vandalism Expected In Court on Tuesday (SF Appeal)
- BART Fare Increases To Go Towards Fixing Trains, Not Paying Workers (BCN via SF Appeal)
- AC Transit’s $178 million ride — to where? (SFGate)
…the East Bay deserves a marquee project… from the then AC BOD Pres. Unfortunately the riders don’t need all the bells and whistles; just actual buses reliably showing up. AC has become more and more like Muni the last decade (while burning this money planning an unuseful project)–failing maintenance, bunched or missing runs, entire routes cut. So when some desk jockey waxes excited by the fanciful ridership projections it is more sobering to note thatAC is carrying fewer riders than two decades ago.