Your Weekend Transit Advisory: Giants games, concerts, Muni Metro work, Komen walk
Baseball Game Traffic Reroutes
The San Francisco Giants will play three home games against the Miami Marlins at AT&T Park this weekend: 7:15 p.m., Friday; 1:05 p.m., Saturday and 1:05 p.m., Sunday.
The SFMTA advises motorists of the increased congestion in San Francisco and advises commuters to use transit and avoid using the Bay Bridge on these dates.
For details about transit service to AT&T Park, including connections from Bay Area transit systems to Muni can be found at www.sfmta.com. Regional transit information for BART, Caltrain and the ferries as well as traffic is available at www.511.org.
Live Nation Concerts
On Friday a Live Nation Concert will take place at the America’s Cup Pavilion at Piers 27/29 at 7:30 p.m. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
The SFMTA will provide additional bus service along the F Market & Wharves Line before and after each event:
· F Line shuttle service will ONLY run between Don Chee Way and Pier 39 beginning at 5:05 p.m.
· Outbound shuttle service will begin at 10 p.m. and will pick up passengers at the Greenwich F Line station
Regular F Market & Wharves rail service will not stop at the Greenwich Station
Subway Communications Systems Replacement Project
From Saturday to Thursday, beginning at 10 p.m. to the end of service each night, the SFMTA will perform construction of a fiber broadband network system to connect all underground information infrastructure in the subway and equipment rooms of the Muni Metro tunnels. This fiber network will be the internal communication backbone of the Metro system, linking all subway systems including public address, real-time platform displays and the power and facility remote monitoring systems.
During the construction, Muni Metro service will not operate between Church and Embarcadero stations in both directions. Metro bus shuttles will be provided each evening and will use the F Market & Wharves historic streetcar stops for all boardings:
· Eastbound (inbound) customers can get off at Church and Market streets or Church and Duboce, walk to the F Line stop at Market and Church streets and continue to The Embarcadero.
· Westbound (outbound) customers can board a Metro shuttle at Market and Drumm streets and transfer to their intending line at either Church Station (K Ingleside, L Taraval or M Ocean View) or the nearby surface stops (N Judah, J Church).
· Customers traveling to the Caltrain Station at 4th and King streets should use the T Third line for travel between Embarcadero Station and the Caltrain Station.
Similar work will require Metro service between Church and Embarcadero to end early Monday, July 1 to Wednesday, July 3. A map of the Metro bus shuttle service is attached.
Komen 3-Day Walk
The Komen 3-Day Walk will start with a camp at the San Francisco Gaelic Athletic Field on Treasure Island, followed by a three-day walk beginning on Friday and the closing ceremony will take place on Sunday. For more details, please visit www.the3day.org
Muni route 108 Treasure Island will be affected.
REMINDER: Overnight Closure for Construction
Overnight closure of northbound Highway 1 (Park Presidio Boulevard/Veterans Boulevard) at Lake Street for the Presidio Parkway construction has been taking place each night with the following hours:
· Mondays through Thursdays: Midnight to 4 a.m.
· Fridays through Saturdays: 1 to 4 a.m.
This night closure will end at 5 a.m., Saturday.
During the closure, Muni routes 28 19th Avenue and 91 Owl will be affected.
For more information, please visit www.presidioparkway.org.