Your Weekend Transit Advisory: Baseball, sailboat races, farmer’s market, football
Here are some goings-on about town this weekend. What are you up to?
Friday through Sunday, the San Francisco Giants will finish their set of home games against the Pittsburgh Pirates at AT&T Park at the following times:
· 7:15 p.m., Friday
· 6:05 p.m., Saturday
· 1:05 p.m., Sunday
As a reminder to fans and other motorists, the SFMTA will close eastbound King Street between 3rd and 2nd streets beginning in the 7th inning of all Giants home games until the post-game traffic has died down. Drivers on northbound I-280 should avoid taking the King Street exit during this period and use the 6th Street exit instead. A map showing alternate post-game routes from AT&T parking lots is available on the Giants’ website.
Details about transit service to AT&T Park, including connections from Bay Area transit systems to Muni, can be found at www.sfmta.com. Regional transit information for BART, Caltrain and the ferries as well as traffic is available at www.511.org.
America’s Cup events will take place at the America’s Cup Park located at Pier 27 and America’s Cup Village located on Marina Green this weekend. Races are scheduled for approximately 12:15 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, each day.
Muni will continue to provide supplemental transportation services to welcome the America’s Cup sailing fans and to keep the city moving:
· E-Embarcadero Streetcar line from Caltrain to Beach and Jones will run between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
· MS-Marina-Pier 27 bus shuttles from Pier 27 to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MM-Market-Marina bus shuttles from Civic Center BART/Muni station to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MP-Market-Pier 39 bus shuttles from Embarcadero Station to Pier 39 will run between 10:45 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Key transit enhancements and a detailed “People Plan” for transportation are in place to assure that visitors can easily visit the two main event venues, the America’s Cup Park at Piers 27/29 and the America’s Cup Village at Marina Green, and residents can go about their regular activities with a minimum of disruption. The centerpiece of the transportation plan, which includes transit, parking and bicycling, is a detailed map that helps visitors get to San Francisco’s busy waterfront. This map and the detailed brochure are available at both www.sfmta.com/americascup and www.511.org/americascup.
REMINDER: Clement Street Farmers Market Pilot
The Clement Street Farmers Market has been taking place every Sunday and will continue until August 25.
A street closure of Clement Street between 2nd and 4th avenues from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. will be required each Sunday.
Muni bus route 2 Clement will be affected during the street closure on Sundays.
49ers Football Game
The San Francisco 49ers will host their second home game on Sunday, against the Minnesota Vikings starting at 5 p.m. at Candlestick Park.
All service, including the express service, is regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
On game days, Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell one-way and roundtrip Muni fares from 2 to 5 p.m. at the following locations:
· Balboa Park BART Station
· Sutter Street/Sansome Street
For service to and from the game, T Third customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
· 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – from California and Van Ness
· 78X Candlestick Express – from California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – to Van Ness and North Point
· 78X Candlestick Express – to California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
79X Candlestick Express Re-route
As of last year, the southbound 79X, which provides express service to the 49ers game from downtown, will be re-routed due to Central Subway construction on Stockton and 4th streets. Customers traveling to the game can board the 79X Candlestick Express at the following locations:
· Sutter and Sansome
· Sutter and Kearny
· Mason and Geary
· Cyril Magnin and Market
· 5th Street and Mission
· 5th Street and Howard
· 5th Street and Folsom
The southbound buses will then travel express to Candlestick Park from 5th and Folsom streets. Northbound buses will remain on the regular route.