Your Weekend Transit Advisory: Holiday Muni, concerts, bridge closure, construction, America’s Cup
Happy three-day weekend, you guys!
Labor Day Holiday Muni Service
On Monday, Labor Day holiday, Muni service will operate on Sunday schedule.
Live Nation Concerts
On Wednesday and Sunday, Live Nation Concerts will take place at the America’s Cup Pavilion at Piers 27/29 at 7 p.m. Doors will open an hour before the concerts begin.
The SFMTA will provide additional bus service on F Market & Wharves Line before and after each event:
· F Line shuttle service will ONLY run between Don Chee Way and Pier 39 beginning at 5:05 p.m.
· Outbound shuttle service will begin at 10 p.m. and will pick up passengers at the Greenwich F Line station
· Regular F Market & Wharves Line service will not stop at the Greenwich station
Bay Bridge Closure
Beginning at 8 p.m., Wednesday through 5 a.m., Tuesday, Caltrans will close the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge to connect the new Eastern Span.
Muni route 108 Treasure Island will be detoured, but no bus stops will be missed.
Muni Metro Turnback Rail Rehabilitation Construction Project
Beginning 1:30 a.m., Saturday through 4:00 a.m., Tuesday, the SFMTA will continue the Muni Metro Turnback Rail Project with construction at the Embarcadero Tunnel entrance this weekend. This is the fourth of five planned weekends of construction that require partial shutdowns.
During the construction, service of Muni Metro lines will be affected:
· KT Ingleside/Third Street line will operate between Balboa Park and Embarcadero stations.
· N Judah line will operate between Ocean Beach and Embarcadero stations
· T line will operate between Sunnydale and Mission Rock stations
There will be bus shuttles from Mission Rock and Third streets to Market and Spear streets via Embarcadero and Caltrain stations.
Customers should board shuttle buses at nearby curbside bus stops.
On Sunday and Monday, the SFMTA will provide supplemental service to accommodate Red Bull Youth Cup attendees going to Marina Green.
Muni will continue to provide supplemental transportation services to welcome the America’s Cup sailing fans and to keep the city moving:
· MS-Marina-Pier 27 bus shuttles from Pier 27 to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MM-Market-Marina bus shuttles from Civic Center BART/Muni station to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MP-Market-Pier 39 bus shuttles from Embarcadero Station to Pier 39 will run between 10:45 am and 7:30 pm.
Event participants can also go by bike. Newly painted green bike lanes are in place along The Embarcadero from North Point to Howard streets in both directions. Please note the southbound lane does not include auto right-turn dash markings at this time, but the SFMTA crews will be back to apply special reflective treatments in merge areas for right turns.
Key transit enhancements and a detailed “People Plan” for transportation are in place to assure that visitors can easily visit the two main event venues, the America’s Cup Park at Piers 27/29 and the America’s Cup Village at Marina Green, and residents can go about their regular activities with a minimum of disruption. The centerpiece of the transportation plan, which includes transit, parking and bicycling, is a detailed map that helps visitors get to San Francisco’s busy waterfront. This map and the detailed brochure are available at both www.sfmta.com/americascup and www.511.org/americascup.
For further information, please visit www.sfgov.org/americascup or www.511.org/americascup.
Took the 108 to TI today, just to ride on the Bay Bridge western span with no other traffic. Odd. Speedy.