Your Weekend Transit Advisory: Treasure Island, Chinatown festival, Ghiradelli festival, America’s Cup
Treasure Island Street Closure
In preparation for the Oracle Openworld annual event, the following streets are closed or inaccessible and will continue until 9 p.m., Monday, Oct. 7:
· California Avenue between Avenue “D” and the eastern edge of the Island
· Portions of Avenues “H”, “M” and “N”
The 108 Treasure Island Muni route will be affected during the street closure.
Chinatown Autumn Moon Festival
On Saturday and Sunday, the 23rd annual Chinatown Autumn Moon Festival will take place between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. each day. For event details, please visit www.moonfestival.org
The following street closures will be required from 12 a.m., Saturday to 8 p.m., Sunday:
· Grant Avenue from California Street to Broadway
· Washington Street from Wentworth Street to Stockton Street
· Commercial Street from Kearny Street to Grant Avenue
· Pacific Avenue from Kearny Street to Stockton Street
· Waverly Place from Washington Street to Clay Street
· Intersections: Pacific and Grant, Washington and Grant, Waverly and Washington, Ross and Washington, Wentworth and Washington, Becket and Pacific
The following Muni routes will be affected:
Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival
The 18th annual Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival will be held on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. each day. For more details, please visit www.ghirardelli.com/chocolatefestival.
The following street closures will be required from 12 a.m., Saturday to midnight, Sunday:
· Beach Street between Larkin and Polk streets
· Polk Street between North Point and Beach streets
The 19 Polk Muni route will be affected.
America’s Cup events will take place at the America’s Cup Park located at Pier 27 and America’s Cup Village located on Marina Green this weekend. Races are scheduled for approximately 1 p.m. on Saturday, and possibly Sunday.
Both Saturday and Sunday, Muni will continue to provide supplemental transportation services to welcome the America’s Cup sailing fans and to keep the city moving:
· E-Embarcadero Streetcar Line from Caltrain to Beach and Jones will run between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
· MP-Market-Pier 39 bus shuttles from Embarcadero Station to Pier 39 will run between 10:45 am and 7:30 pm.
The following supplemental transportation service will be provided if races are to take place on Sunday:
· MS-Marina-Pier 27 bus shuttles from Pier 27 to Bay and Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MM-Market-Marina bus shuttles from Civic Center BART/Muni station to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Key transit enhancements and a detailed “People Plan” for transportation are in place to assure that visitors can easily visit the two main event venues, the America’s Cup Park at Piers 27/29 and the America’s Cup Village at Marina Green, and residents can go about their regular activities with a minimum of disruption. The centerpiece of the transportation plan, which includes transit, parking and bicycling, is a detailed map that helps visitors get to San Francisco’s busy waterfront. This map and the detailed brochure are available at both www.sfmta.com/americascup and www.511.org/americascup.
For further information, please visit www.sfgov.org/americascup or www.511.org/americascup.