Going Underground This Weekend
Photo by Flickr user planetlight
They say the ferries are nice, too. But site this isn’t Ferry Diaries (idea!).
This post serves as a reminder to readers that with the Bay Bridge closure that begins this Thursday and extends through to next Tuesday morning, BART will be running 24-hour service, with some details that are worth understanding.
- First, the special schedule begins Friday, Sept. 4 (overnight, what some call Thursday night) and lasts through Monday, Sept. 7.
- On Monday, during the day, BART will be operating on a Saturday schedule.
- From 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. on those days, trains will be spaced roughly one hour apart.
- Trains will only operate 24 hours per day out of the following stations:
- Bay Fair (parking available)
- Downtown Berkeley
- Coliseum/Oakland Airport (parking available)
- Concord (parking available)
- Dublin/Pleasanton (parking available)
- El Cerrito Del Norte (parking available)
- MacArthur (parking available, timed BART transfer point)
- Oakland City Center/12th St. (timed BART transfers, AC Transit transfer point)
- Walnut Creek (parking available)
San Francisco and Peninsula
- 24th Street Mission
- Daly City (parking available)
- Powell Street
- San Francisco International Airport
After knowledge, preparation is power. If you need to move around a lot this weekend, or to bolt out of town, do so armed with the knowledge that you don’t have to know the way to San Jose and back up, around the Bay, to get where you’re going. Oh, and happy Labor Day from BART Diaries!
The ferries might be a touch too civilized to give a good yield on “Ferry Diaries”… though you’d get great scenic photos 🙂
Looking forward to riding BART around in the middle of the night… you know, just because we can!
Ah, yes. Midnight Diaries! Do tell, please!