Weekend Photos: Look both ways
Photo by Flickr user Rick Audet
What a wacky week it was for Muni. How’s that different from any other week on Muni? you ask. Here’s how:
– J-Church derails near Dolores Park; no injuries (Muni Diaries)
– 21-Hayes snarled by fallen tree between Steiner and Fillmore (Examiner)
– The F-Market/Wharves: No Tourist Trap (Los Angeles Times)
– Out-of-control, overturned car hits 6-Parnassus on Market Street (SF Appeal)
– Sup. Chiu prepares to reject MTA budget, service cuts (SF Appeal)
– Window-covering ad deal approved for Muni vehicles (Examiner)
– Fare-evasion down on Muni (Streetsblog SF)
– Supervisors, operators, riders call for rejection of MTA budget (Streetsblog SF)
Here at Muni Diaries, we were delighted to help Greg tell the story of Tammy, a lovely 33-Stanyan driver who’s being moved to the 24-Divisadero. Tammy decorated her bus this week, and gave candy to her passengers. Kinda utterly amazing, huh? Thanks, Tammy!
And lastly, sadly, please don’t forget the systemwide Muni service cuts going into effect tomorrow. SFMTA has an explanation of the changes, and 511 and Google are your best bets for actual schedules and predictions.
Have a great weekend! And check back here Monday for more great Muni stories from your fellow riders.
Photo by Flickr user Jen_Maiser
Photo by Flickr user Sharon Hahn Darlin
Photo by Flickr user our hero
These are utterly fantastic. Kudos to everyone one of these photographers.
Smallerdemon – love your photos as well. We’re always looking for new ways of seeing Muni and our city so keep ’em coming 🙂