Weekend Photos: Pull the Cord
Photo by Flickr user katiemarinascott
“The nightmare is over.” L-operator upon reaching Embarcadero.
When reader Ben sent us the above short email, I had to laugh. We know it’s not all that bad, though. Rachel from Fog City Notes shared a story of hilarity with fare inspectors this week, and we’re still trying to solve the mystery of why people do what they do when they wait for the bus. A big part of our urban existence happens on public transportation, so the next time you say to someone, “So I was on the bus today…” don’t forget to share that story with us.
Meanwhile, in Muni news:
- Yes on Proposition G Headquarters Opens in the Castro — Fix Muni Now Kicks Off (SF Citizen)
- Muni operators onboard, albeit begrudgingly, for service restoration plan (SF Examiner)
- Some historic streetcars could return to the N-Judah line (Market Street Railway Blog)
- Central Subway travel times disputed (SF Examiner)
- Teen Suspect In Muni Gay Bashing Arrested (SF Appeal)
- Muni chief urges riders to support federal transit funding (Examiner’s Under the Dome blog)
- BART board decides not to increase fares (BCN via SF Appeal)
- Protective streetcar shelter at Geneva nears completion (Market Street Railway)
- Pot Ads on Muni? They’re Already on BART — So Why Not? (SF Weekly)
- Dennis Herrera Running for Mayor (SFist)
Enjoy these photos and your weekend!
Photo by Flickr user Roshan Vyas
Photo by Flickr user David Lytle
Photo by Flickr user eviloars