Weekend Photo: The Masses
Photo by David Lytle
In Muni news this week:
- Do You Have to Tag Your Clipper Card If You Have a Monthly Pass? (SFAppeal)
- Wear and Tear of Muni Buses – a word with John Haley (Spot.us)
- Muni approval rate drops. (Bay Citizen/Bay City News Service)
- Nat Ford on D.C. Metro’s list of potential leaders is no surprise to Muni insiders. (SFWeekly). Nat Ford said D.C. approached him, not the other way around. (SFAppeal)
- Muni working to stop free rides from Clipper card gate glitch. (KTVU and KGO)
- The latest on the Central Subway project – it could open in 2018 (SFAppeal)
- Bad Clocks Leave Clipper Cards Double Dipping, Registering Transfers As New Fares (SFAppeal)
- Muni Passenger Battles With Robber Over Stolen $10 (SFWeekly)
Lots of travel advisories this weekend due to various events, including Critical Mass tonight. Other events with transit impact:
- Transbay Terminal Construction, from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, construction at the Transbay Terminal will require the closure of Beale Street between Mission and Howard streets. Affected Muni routes: 5 Fulton, 14L Mission, and 71 Haight-Noriega
- On Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. the Polk Street Blues Festival will be held on Polk Street between Union and Pacific streets. The 19 Polk Muni route will be affected.
- Folsom Street Fair, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Affected Muni routes:9 San Bruno, 12 Folsom-Pacific, 19 Polk, and 47 Van Ness
- Cole Valley Fair, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Affected Muni routes: 6 Parnassus, 37 Corbett, 43 Masonic, and N Judah
- Portola Festival on San Bruno Avenue between Felton and Bacon streets from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Affected Muni routes: 9 San Bruno, 8x Bayshore Express, 54 Felton.
Have you marked your calendars for the next Muni Diaries Live! on Friday, Oct. 29, at the Make-Out Room? If you haven’t, permanent marker this in your calendars now because we’ve got a lot of fun surprises in the bag for you!
Enjoy your weekend and these photos.
Photo by juicyrai
Photo by Kevin
Photo by niallkennedy