Free New Year’s Eve Muni Service
Photo by Shawn Thrope
So, celebrate and send us any crazy stories on the bus.
Here are the details from SFMTA:
On December 31, New Year’s Eve:
- Muni travel, including cable cars, is free from 8 p.m. New Year’s Eve until 6 a.m. New Year’s Day.
- Customers are encouraged to use the Metro to get into and out of the Downtown area.
- Additional Metro service from 9 p.m. to 2:15 a.m. from West Portal to Caltrain and until 4 a.m. from Embarcadero to West Portal Station.
- J, K, L, M, and N Metro lines are operating on their regular schedule, until shortly before 1 a.m.
- Owl service: Extra service on Muni Owl Lines (1 to 5 a.m service): 5 Fulton, 14 Mission, 22 Fillmore, 24 Divisadero, 38 Geary, 90 Owl, 91 Owl, and L and N Owl motor coach service. Frequency will be shortened from 30 to 15 minutes.
- Extra Owl service is subject to change, based on operating conditions.
- The San Francisco 311 Customer Service Center, is open all night, as usual, for travel assistance.
- The F Market and Wharves service will be provided by motor coaches after approximately 4 p.m. There will be reroutes only if necessary.
- Caltrain will operate on a Saturday schedule and add four extra trains. Southbound trains leave at 7:15, 8:15, 9:15 and 10:15 p.m.; 12:01, 12:45, 1:15, 1:45 and 2:15 a.m.
Can somebody explain how bullets 3 and 4 make sense together? #3 says there will be additional Metro service until 2:15am; #4 says that they’ll be on their regular schedule until just before 1am.