Super Bowl Fan’s Guide to Riding Muni
Dear Super Bowl Fan,
By now you’ve probably realized that Levi’s Stadium is not in San Francisco, but your hotel most definitely is. Yeah, we know. But instead of standing in line at Super Bowl Fan Village (see our super helpful, super honest map here), we recommend that you get around town on Muni (that’s our bus) like a real local.
In short, Muni is $2.25 a ride, exact change, pay when you get on, keep the transfer (good for any direction for 90 minutes), and pull that cord to get off the bus. If you really want to look like a local, here are our best tips:
1. STEP DOWN! STEP DOWN!
2. When the recorded lady tells you to “Please Hold On,” she means it.
3. That’s not water on the seat.
4. Hold on to your cell phone and valuables.
5. Move to the back. No, really. You’ll get off the bus in time.
6. There’s no honest game of dice on the bus.
Photo by brunosuras