New Muni Art by local artists unveiled on 100 buses
A hundred Muni buses are being turned into mobile galleries for five local artists, voted by the public, in a project called Muni Art. You might remember this project last year, and this year SFMTA, Supervisor London Breed, and nonprofit SF Beautiful brought the project for another year.
This year’s winners:
- “Teens of SF” by Monica Tiulescu (606 votes)
- “Bit by Bit” by Lillian Shanahan (446 votes)
- “Las Historias” by Luis Pinto (443 votes)
- “City Walks” by Counterpoint Studio (Peter Tonningsen and Lisa Levine) (443 votes)
- “Sight Seeing” by Todd Kurnat (443 votes)
Last year there were 50 buses displaying the winning artists’ work, and this year the project has doubled the number of buses. Here are this year’s winning artists:
Bit by Bit by Lillian Shanahan
Here’s a look at last year’s Muni Art winners. Have you seen the new art on your buses yet?