8 of the most SF things that happened on Muni in 2018
We don’t have to look far to remember why we live here whenever the rent, downtown traffic, and constant fog get us down. In the last year, your stories and photos have been daily reminders of the quirky, delightful, and lovable San Francisco that we know so well. We sifted through all of your submissions this year to find some of our favorite moments in the city, as seen on and off Muni.
1. We found one sure way to avoid awkward holiday conversation, see above via @cityslickerSF
2. San Franciscans banded together during the two weeks of wild fire where N-95 masks became de rigueur.
4. Why did Elvis leave the building? To take Muni with six of his clones, we think.
5. Muni went head to head with the parking enforcement officer this year on Halloween. Who will win? We’re putting $10 on the kid.
6. Everybody rides Muni, even the parrots of Telegraph Hill.
7. I mean, how can anyone leave cereal milk behind?
8. Don’t die of cuteness, but this dog catching up on some Animal Planet on Muni is pretty much everything.
Ok, one more. Bonus round: “FRONT DOOR! FRONT DOOR!”
Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry to our collective diary this year! We can’t do this without you, and we’ve been collecting your Muni and San Francisco stories for nearly a decade. If you have a story that makes you say, “this is what San Francisco is all about,” we want to know! Submit your stories and photos by tagging us @munidiaries on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or email us at email@example.com.