Looks like *checks weather page* it might actually *checks weather page* not rain today *checks weather page*. Yep. Maybe a sprinkle, but does that really count?
Perhaps that was what this Muni rider was thinking, or wishfully thinking, carrying her inflatable pool and inflatable palm tree to that manufactured beach in … Glen Park?
In any case, fellow rider Anthony reports: “Inflatable palm tree on the OB J- Church? Where the hell is she going to? A pool party? Idk?”
Photo by David Lytle
We live to complain. If it’s not this one day, it’s that the next. And boy hidee, does Muni give us a lot to bitch about, especially when it comes to our beloved fellow passengers.
We checked in with you guys recently to find out your top OMG UR DOIN IT RONG moments on Muni. Here’s what you had to say (in no specific order):
- Entitlement. — @anzermo
- Backpacks. — @dgm415
- Their reasonably sized items in an adjacent seat instead of on their laps or between their legs on the floor. #petpeeve — @cbcastro
- Erm, the part where they say/do inane stuff, especially with respect to my guide dog or disability! — @missknoxy
- Clipping nails. People not moving to the back of bus. Trying to get off the bus when a rush of people are trying to get on. — @the_whitney
- among them, people playing their overly loud music on the bus WITHOUT headphones. NO. — @mythopoeists
- Neglecting to give up the front seating, as needed! — @CascosPeterson
- Talking on the phone, on speaker! Taking your seat when you were obviously there first, and, big backpacks on a crowded muni — @Zurib19
- uncleanliness in all its myriad forms. The average NYC subway is far cleaner than the average MUNI vehicle. — @catsynth
- Omfg don’t get me started. By the end of every day there’s a new list. — @feathersflorals
- When people don’t let you try to get further back so you end up standing backwards at the front. #38geary — @OuterRichmondXX
- leaning over onto me to see what I’m doing on my phone. Personal space, people. — @KelseHunt
- the manspread — @abjornsen
- where do i start?clipping nails?not using headphones? not knowing to step down to exit? talking loudly on the phone? littering? — @eyeveins
- they don’t understand *public* transportation #notoenailclipping — @henare
These really run the gamut. Add yours here, or follow Muni Diaries on Twitter and sound off there!
Furthering the “You guys think of everything” narrative, Muni rider Nate tweeted the above. “Badonkadonk #BootySF” indeed.
Wouldn’t a real Muni route that looked like this be so. much. fun?
Photo by Lynn Friedman
Remember #lifebeforethestorm? Yeah, I didn’t think you would. There was this thing called no rain. It was strange and wonderful. Somehow, we all survived it.
But enough reminiscing. Onward to the most remarkable Muni moments of the week!
- According to these baby hipsters, weighing 140lbs is chunky. Acceptable weight is 95lbs. #sfmuni
- Overheard on #muni “Your hiney is breathtaking”
- Two elderly gentlemen arguing over who is older to win a seat.
- I love this #sfmuni driver he’s whistling “I lost my poor meatball”
- “Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream” -Dude on the F Line, thinking he found some money on the streetcar #MuniDiaries
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow riders @jocelynslai, @bbunnykat, @theEddieH, @faern_me, and @pjrocks. Be like them: Follow @munidiaries on Twitter. You, too, could experience the glory.