Photo by Russell Kwok
Muni rider redseca2 learned that there is a convenient electrical outlet on Muni shelters that can be put to very interesting use.
The Route: 6-Parnassus, inbound morning commute, a little after 8 a.m.
As the bus pulled into the Haight Street/Buena Vista West stop, some of the regular overnight campers from the park were gathered at the bus stop, but not waiting for the bus. I guess they must of had the day off. Anyway, some of these folk must have long term leases in the park because you come to recognize them, and they are certainly well-versed in the available amenities.
But I was surprised to see a guy with an electric hair trimmer giving another fellow a professional hair cut as he sat in the bus shelter. (more…)
And this wasn’t during Bay to Breakers. And this wasn’t on a day when Matt Cain pitched.
What has this stallion (or mare) so enthralled?
It’s about time somebody connected the dots between BART and Bart Simpson. Finally, the good folks at Cool Try made this T-shirt of “BART Simpson,” painting the transit town red.
A closer look at the graphic:
The shirt also comes in tie dye and sweatshirt flavors. Check ‘em out.
Bonus: According to @onTheBeat, BART made an appearance on The Simpson’s this week. Nice.
Hat tip: @ellenhuet
Last week, we asked what you think of excessing blabbing on Muni during the morning commute. Opinions vary.
Around the same time, Blair (she of the 12-Folsom Fix-It Fame) sent us this dispatch:
“What do you do when it’s [the] Muni driver talking SOOO loudly on their phone??????”
If you’re Oscar the Grouch (see photo above), you … grouch.
Photo by eekim
Or so Needs More Unicorns experienced recently:
“Sitting on the train reading TF2 fanfiction, I feel almost ashamed, until I notice that the lady to my left is reading Harry Potter fanfic (Snape/Hermione) and the lady to my right is reading Sherlock fanfic (Sherlock/Watson).”
Neato! Read the rest on Needs More Unicorns’ Tumblr. And yes, I had to look up TF2 also.
Photo by amyf
Sometimes I think Muni is our collective living room. But other times, people just get way too comfortable, as these five Muni moments of the week demonstrate. Important life question: How do you even measure the speed of kegels by bpm?
- Overheard on Muni this week: “My special talent is doing kegels at 180bpm. My record so far …11 minutes.”
- Another important question: Would it be inappropriate to wipe the lil smudge of shaving cream off this older Zach Efron lookalike’s face?
- A poor Muni rider had to changed seats on the 43 because the chick in the next seat kept smelling her hair like a Fabreeze commercial. (What shampoo do you use?)
- Girl at Muni stop smoking e-cigarette and blowing wisps of pomegranate or apple fumes billowing in this direction. Kind of nice.
- A man just cleaned his pitbulls earwax out on the K-outbound. You know. Whatevs. No big deal.
This week’s Muni moments were brought to you by @smiffleblurf, @ten_is_ha, @happysara89, @keaneiscool, and @mschung. What’s your Muni moment this week? Tweet it at @munidiaries and let’s blow up the party talk!