Goats at the Muni Yard

Rider Anna sent in this picture that I just had to post:

I was headed to Trader Joe’s on Saturday morning and glimpsed some unexpected wildlife in the weedy area behind the fence leading down to the Muni bus lot. Apparently these guys were brought in to control the plant population! It was so strange! There was a whole crowd just in awe of the little guys. Totally out of place and kind of a shock early in the morning.

Wow, I don’t know what I’d do if I saw this in the morning before I had my coffee. Got any unexpected sightings on and around Muni? Let us know!

1. This isn’t that uncommon, actually. I’ve seen them at the CCSF Muni stop and across from Forest Hill.

2. cmh

Yeah, I’ve also seen them a few times. Though, I too was a bit surprised and taken aback when I saw them the first time. They were on the hill just south of Russian Hill Park.

Also saw them over in the East Bay, riding my bike up Tunnel Road. There they were, just hanging out on the side of the road.

• Eugenia

I saw them in Berkeley once really early in the morning and thought I was hallucinating or something … I think the company who provides the service is called City Grazing or something?

• Andre

One company that’s be championed around, I believe near the Yahoo campus, is Goats R Us.

3. elizabeth skow

I think these are the goats from, I kid you not, Goats-R-Us.

4. dangerousD

Yes, thats City Grazing. They lend goats to businesses all over the bay area.

5. Matti

LOL, but really the best way to go. I remember when I moved to SF, that they had posted at Craiglist job under ETC to tend to a herd of these type goats. Matti

6. Megan

Yeah, this isn’t uncommon–although, it’s always a little funny. There was an abandoned Navy base by my house in my hometown and I could see the goats having their fill when I drove by sometimes. Then there was the time they got out in the middle of the night and they were eating the plants in front of the cemetery. That was good for a laugh.

7. Ben

SUQEEEEEE! Rent-a-goats! I love it! Totally made my day to walk by some munching goats at Masonic today.