It’s not every day that you spot the Caped Crusader on your way to work. In fact, it happened yesterday to our friend We Built This City (above).
Funny how the recent past can look so dang old. Full-size image here.
BART rider Charles sent this relic. Here’s what he had to say:
This is a severely beaten BART map found at Powell, circa late ’90s-early 2000s, as it still shows extensions to Baypoint and Dublin still under construction. I spotted this not too long ago, though I think the only reason that it was around was that they seemed to be changing all the advertisements in the station that night. I’m not entirely sure on that though, so it may still be up there. I wonder whether any French tourists got confused.
Easy answer: Yes, tourists are confused. Hella.
This reminds me of how, every time we’re at Powell, Tara looks for the super-secret door that used to lead up to Woolworth’s.
You know the saying: When life hands you Muni, make adorable rocking horses and maybe get to work on time.
As spotted by Muni rider Tamara: “In case of Muni delays? @ Civic Ctr platform”
Photo by DeShaun Craddock
Clowns, butts in your face, lost bus drivers … all the stuff nightmares are made of. Unless that’s your thing, of course.
- The 47 is a clown car right now… Full of French clowns #sfmuni
- You know it’s bad when the @sfmta_muni driver asks u for route directions #wrongway
- Muni: where people’s butts are routinely way too close to your face #munidiaries
- Worst post workout snack: banana. Thanks dirty old man, lesson learned. NO I WONT GIVE U A BLOWJOB!
- What does it mean that I’m more offended by the Kim Kardashian game being played than the elbow jammed in my back.
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow Muni riders @alchaeology, @DanamRivera, @awwnuh, @theSusyness, and @teklex. Where’s your contribution? @munidiaries, yo!