Photo by Imelda
We’re especially perplexed by the nurse and her sneeze. But also: Hello Kitty perfume?!?
- Really, girl next to me? NOW is the time to apply your Hello Kitty perfume??
- Someone’s talking on a flip phone on the train. A FLIP PHONE! What’s next, manual pinball?
- When you walk on #muni and it smells as if everyone is carrying 32 lbs of high-grade cannabis. Each. #munidiaries
- People who FaceTime their boo in bed on muni…
- On #sfmuni and saw a #nurse sneeze into her hand and then grab one of the poles. #REALLY?! #gross
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow Muni riders @amarar05, @davidbicha, @theporktornado, @photoberg, and @Spectre124. Get up on @munidiaries today!
Photo by Lynn Friedman
According to you guys on Twitter, there are some new important unofficial rules on Muni.
1. Don’t ever ask why it smells like rotten fish. (via @meganjelene)
2. When the bus is empty, for god’s sake, don’t sit next to someone. (@ericshin)
3. Summer officially begins when tourists take Muni to Fisherman’s Wharf (@c_vogelsang)
4. People who talk on speakerphone on Muni are the worst (and will be publicly shamed?). (@KaiKronfield)
What’s your Muni fight club rule? Inquiring minds want to know!
Photo by analogskirt
I suppose it depends on your point of view. Some of these could be positive experiences. If so, good on ya. I guess?
- It smells like poop on this bus. #goodmorning #yuck
- Look lady, I’m sry that yr bag had to give up its seat so a human being could use it, but you need to get over it. #SFMuni
- Munifears: seemingly irrational fears you have riding the bus, like someone ‘accidentally’ sitting in your lap #sfmuni
- I don’t know what’s worse, that my #SFMuni driver is on the phone, or that it’s on speaker for us all to hear.
- 22-Fillmore stalled while woman enlists help of strangers to carry her 9 Starbucks drinks. This a social science experiment?
This week’s Things on Muni is brought you to by fellow Muni riders @hughesmeghan, @ImekaSF, @menabus, @misschristiina_, and @nffo. Get up on it @munidiaries.
Lots of things falling off, being complimented, opening, hitting people on the head, and just generally being worn by tourists this week. Behold:
- guy on #sfmuni w/pants sagging so low you can see the end of his boxers. He sat down and the pants fell to his ankles.
- On the 14, man next to me got up, complimented my fishnets, patted my arm, then accidentally bonked me on the head. #Sfmuni
- Overheard on the 14 “BACKDOOR! BACKDOOR! My legs open easier than these doors” #backdoor #munisf
- how many times do you need to be hit in the head while seated by a backpack wearer on muni to start a bad day?
- Surrounded by tourists wearing fanny packs who got on the wrong bus. It’s officially summer
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow Muni riders @minglu, @tarintowers, @hooraybeltran, @kitchen_elf, and @VA_Holliday. Screw Apple: Contribute your verse @munidiaries.
Photo by becky berry
We all have our ideas of right and wrong. And those norms don’t take a back seat when we ride Muni. Nor should they.
Here are some questionable things seen and smelled on Muni this week:
- A woman just crawled on the streetcar with an open tallboy of Old English. Happy Monday! #MuniDiaries
- On the 33 line and for the first time, saw a driver curse out a passenger!
- Old woman dressed entirely in black on #sfmuni brushing the hair of a creepy doll. Quota for the macabre, fulfilled.
- Someone pooped on the bus during my morning commute. #sfmuni
- man picks nose. smears findings on bus wall. my stomach… #munidiaries
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow Muni riders @pjrocks12, @findslt, @keaneiscool, @laurenylee, and @a_pisceslife. You, too, can contribute at @munidiaries.
Photo by gladysf
Sick of the sickout? Same here. Enjoy these five gorgeous photos of San Francisco looking pretty, and maybe it’ll help you forget that on Monday morning when two packed 2-Clement buses pass you by and you have an 8 a.m. meeting.
Have a cool picture you took? Tag us on Instagram or Flickr with @munidiaries. Have a great weekend, everybody. Read more