Photo by Shuvo C
You’ve seen them. You’ve heard them. You’ve smelled them. You’ve wished they got off at every single stop along your longer-than-it-should be commute, only to have them outlast you, somehow. They are: Muni riders with cojones grandes.
- OH on Muni: ‘Um, would you move? I deserve this seat more than you do. I’m prettier.’ #munidiaries #27bryant
- If you are not wearing deodorant please put your arms down on the bus #Dirty30 #citylife #thatbuslifedoe
- Let’s play who can be louder?! The toddler or the lady in the back on the phone singing n’ shit! #sfmuni #19
- “You know why I sit here? To look at all the pretty ladies.” Old man to old lady on the J-Line. #jline #onlyonMuni
- witnessed a woman fling her booger onto the back of a chair on #SFmuni even though she’s holding a tissue.
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow Muni riders @8346757, @R_Lowry, @RGB_SINCE1981, @stephlikespaint, and @ShelbyTerissa. Spin your favorite yarn today @munidiaries, and don’t forget to include the hashtag #OnlyonMuni. You could win two front-row, reserved seats at the Nov. 8 Muni Diaries Live!
Photo by Daniel Hoherd
Some things really seem like they only happen on transit vehicles here in San Francisco. And here are some notable moments from the recent past …
- Nothing says Friday like a 7 ft tall homeless man screaming about “time monsters” while shooting a toy ray gun. #sfmuni
- Woman using a snotty tissue to hold the bus rail #zomg #cantgetmoredisgusting
- OH on the J: Guy1:”If you didn’t see the Liberty Bell, what did you do in Philly?” Guy 2:”Picked up pretty boys, had sex.”
- Man w/NY accent screaming into flip phone about someone who shouldn’t have first bought things at Target and Costco. #sfmuni
- Chick in front on me on this #SFMuni #38 really feeling herself. Keeps making kissy faces at her own reflection
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow Muni riders @carsonbell, @emflannery1, @dhmspector, @jocelynslai, and @EricShins. Share your Only on Muni findings @munidiaries.
Photo by Sam Ejnes
I mean, I guess it was bound to happen at some point, right? Given the law of averages and everything, good things can and do happen on Muni. Here are some recent examples:
- anyone feeling sad today: get on the 1 Calif. number 5543, driver is wearing a Santa hat singing Spanish & yelling at cars
- I want to be as excited about something as kids are to pull the stop cord on the bus.
- Man doing an impression of bear speaking in tongues on 30 Stockton. #muni
- Just witnessed a young boy hold the #sfmuni doors open for a few minutes so an elderly woman could catch up
I’m as cynical as they come, but these tweets make me think there might be hope for humanity. Wait, no, sorry about that. I won’t let it happen again.
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow Muni riders @lshlarson, @emflannery1, @cardi_party, and @timothykchin1. Contribute your verse to @munidiaries today.
Photo by Patrick
Muni never disappoints, does it?
- Just got offered a glass of wine on #sfmuni. Movin up in the world.
- Guy who didn’t pay fare & didn’t ring for his stop is now fuming he missed it. 6 IB
- Woman gets on Muni just long enough to yell at the driver that it’s not the train she needs. Chill. You’re holding us up!
- Woman eating an ice cream bar at my bus stop at 8:18 am is my hero. #getitgurl
- pretty sure guy smoking next to no smoking sign while taking up 3 seats is the definition of ass hole. #SFMuni
- old guy on the 10 watching porn on his smartphone and it appears he is taking notes as he is writing profusely
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by fellow riders @taylorenay, @cxarli, @jaimichnew, @MissNoraSF, @JillianWould, and @tettoffensive. Life is short, even if you feel like you’ve been on Muni forever. Share your Muni moments here and @munidiaries.
Photo by breylane
Muni moments that make you go, “Huh.” Be careful scratching your head, though. A fellow rider might be there to tweet about it.
- riding #sfmuni while this lady is blatantly picking her nose … as she holds a tissue in the other hand.
- apparently my driver misses his former life as AM news radio host.
- Vagrant dude scaling the dead skin off his feet right onto the bus floor. It really smells. #sf
- A man on the 38 AX just brought a tree onto the bus. A tree. #sfmuni #munidiaries
- Nothing makes me feel more put together than this woman who just ran into the bus in a shower cap. SHOWER CAP. #5fulton
This week’s Things on Muni is brought to you by @Heather__Ilene, @amarar05, @pterobones, @yougotfoltzed, and @thekatwok. Don’t scratch your head on Muni all alone. Share it with fellow riders @munidiaries.
Photo by Daniel Hoherd
Everyone is a unique beautiful snowflake in his or her own way (mom told us as much, and we’re sticking to it), but these three spotted on Muni win our awesome Olympics this week. Cue your armful of flowers and cry faces now for:
- The N driver who goes “Choo choo! Chuga-chuga-chuga!” Can we clone him?
- The old man who plays his NWA video on speakerphone on Muni. No, seriously, thank you.
- In which it’s the oldest guy who gives his seat up for the Marine vet in leg braces & cane. #munidiaries #OutboundL #sfmuni
This week’s Things on Muni Olympics Special is brought to you by @goldfine, @brendanstarr, and @ATCPeter. Share your nominees @munidiaries.